Unless you are teaching yoga exclusively to men, you are likely to encounter a pregnant student during your teaching career. This 5-hour training will empower you to support your prenatal students with confidence and a thorough understanding of their needs. Content will include:
- Goals for supporting the prenatal student – primary focus on integration into regular classes;
- Introduction to the physiological and psychological changes and challenges for the prenatal student;
- Medical and cultural considerations for teaching yoga to the prenatal student;
- Teaching asana, pranayama, vocal toning/chanting, and meditation to the prenatal student;
- Modifications and contraindications for the prenatal student;
- Class sequence appropriate for both regular and prenatal students;
- Movement to cement your understanding through practice;
- Brief exploration of the early postnatal student needs.
We will NOT cover:
- Extensive physiological changes of the three different trimesters of pregnancy;
- The birthing experience;
- Postnatal Yoga.
Attendees will receive 5 hours of continuing education credit. Email Yoga School Lead Teacher and Yoga Momma™ Founder Jen Keeler (E-RYT 500, YACEP, RPYT,) for more information.