Hello Spring 2020 Yoga Mommas!
Well we find ourselves in uncharted waters, doing the best we can which is all we can do! You have registered for the Spring Quarter Women’s Series and our plans have obviously changed, and continue to change daily. PLEASE READ THIS – SERIOUSLY! I know it’s a lot of information, but everything you need to know about program operations and plans for moving forward are below. Yoga Momma is my sole livelihood and I am doing everything to keep our program afloat and thriving during these challenging times. Thank you for your support!
First: EMAILS!! Many of my emails are being aggressively filtered by your spam filters. ALL of my communication for class will take place via email, so please add me (jen@yoga-momm a.com) to your address book, check your local computer email service spam filters, and your provider’s filters. I will send you regular updates as needed about program operations, if you haven’t heard from me you can check back here, or check your spam.
We will begin Spring quarter online. Online streaming (and viewing a recording of the streaming) options will be available to registered students only. Streaming will take place at our regularly scheduled class times, and recorded sessions will be available for a week afterward, possibly more depending on our storage space. Details for how to join us via streaming are outlined below the horizontal line below.
We will meet again in person at the SHCA as soon as King County Public Health officials say it is okay to meet in groups of 10 or more, and the SHCA re-opens its doors. I do not know when that will be! When we get the go ahead I will send an email to you all immediately!
YouTube Videos will also be available for you to enjoy, and I’m continuing to upload videos each week. Non-registered students are also able to access our YouTube channel. Subscribe HERE and set notifications to receive alerts for new videos.
Finally, I know this not the program you envisioned when you signed up for Spring! I am heartened by how well our streaming classes are going, how nice it is to see people on screen, to feel connected to all you wonderful souls once again. That said, if you find that utilizing streaming services, accessing the recordings, and waiting out the return of our in-person classes indefinitely is not worth your financial investment, I will provide you a full refund for Spring quarter, less a $15 fee to cover costs. This will remove you from Spring Quarter, including all streaming, recordings, and in-person class access entirely. Please contact me directly if you wish to withdrawal from the quarter entirely.
Otherwise, all details for getting started before Spring Quarter are below! Continue to look for emails prior to our series start and I look forward to practicing together, in this new format, very soon!
DETAILS FOR SPRING QUARTER – BEFORE WE BEGIN – IMPORTANT INFO, please read and take action:
- General info on our program is HERE – including calendar and overall content. I’m still updating it…
- The Zoom streaming or viewing option is only available for currently registered students – please do not share Zoom links with anyone who is not a current student. I do not have a plan that supports additional people and I am still working to honor your paid registration and support our sweet, intimate community.
- KIDS: I know some of you are excited about sharing our yoga with your kids. If this is you, I am encouraging you watch the recording or watch one of the YouTube videos instead of live streaming. If you do want to stream with kids, please DEACTIVATE YOUR VIDEO UPON ENTRY to class. It is okay if kids wander in and out as I will be muting all of you when we begin class anyway. Remember that this is a Women’s program – many of us are seeking a respite from the energy and management of kids, so we want to maintain an adult only environment in comfort, energy, and language on our stream as best we can. This is also so I can focus on YOU, which is the whole intention of our program!
- Sign up with Zoom.us, download the app on any device you may stream from, and make sure your full name is on your profile – have a meeting with a friend and play around with the controls.
- Prepare your yoga space with props: 2 blocks, a mat, strap, and yoga blanket. Chairs, belts, towels can all be used in place of those supplies if you don’t have it.
- I will open our meeting 10 minutes prior to our class start time. Admission will close 5 minutes after class starts.
- Upon class start I will mute everyone’s audio and depending on bandwidth, I may ask you to deactivate your video – I have heard it can slow down with a lot of people so we shall see!
- I will reactivate audio at the end of practice so we can all connect one last time. If there were problems during our session that you think I can address, please let me know via email AFTER the class.
Option 2. If you cannot make the live stream, you can access a recording at the link I will provide via email, within 48 hours of our last weekly class. It will only be active until the following week.