We are searching for a place to host our Yoga Momma 200 Hour Teacher training. Email to get on the list of interested students!
Participants will study and train to become a registered yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance (RYT-200,) with an additional focus on women’s health. Students NOT interested in becoming a teacher but looking to deepen their understanding and practice of yoga can also join us as a non-teacher track student. However, they are expected to attend and participate in weekend modules, provide feedback for emerging teachers, and there is no moderation in pricing. Email Yoga School Lead Teacher and Yoga Momma™ Founder Jen Keeler (E-RYT 500, YACEP, RPYT,) for more information. Online Application coming soon!
For our 200 hour training, students become a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level. Content includes but isn’t limited to:
- Studies in ancient yoga philosophy, ethics, and lifestyle, and how it pertains to our life today;
- Therapeutic applications of yoga pertaining to women’s health during her lifetime – through teen years, pregnancy, postnatal, menopause, and 55+;
- A strong foundation in anatomy, physiology, teaching methodology and technique, with ample opportunity to practice, and receive feedback, encouragement, and guidance from peers and teachers;
- Exploration of multiple, inclusive traditions and teaching styles to inform your own unique learning and teaching path;
- Learning how to sequence and teach thematically, and create diverse yet focused offerings inclusive of all the limbs of yoga;
- Considerations of social justice, safety, cultural competency, and inclusion in developing a program;
- Sustainability in your teaching career – professionally, physically, psychologically, and financially – learning how to set yourself apart in teaching, stay healthy, build your community, and thrive.
Training combines 7 weekend modules over and weekly classes for 11 weeks of the training:
Weekend modules: (tentative – awaiting confirmation on space reservation):
- Friday 6-9 pm
- Saturday 10-12/1-5
- Sunday 10-12/1-4
Dates: (tentative:) 7 modules – October 13-15, November 10-12, December 8-10, January 12-14, February 9-11, March 9-11 (skip April/May for weekly participation in Spring Quarter Women’s Series,) June 8-10. All trainings will take place in northwest Seattle except the June graduation module, which will take place at Sleeping Lady Retreat Center in Leavenworth, WA.
Weeknight weekly classes begin March 27, 2018 and run for 11 consecutive weeks, skipping Spring break (TBD)
- Tuesdays 6 – 10 pm – training, class observation, and class participation